Cookies are brief text fragments that permit web servers to store information on your browser that can be reused while continuing to use the site (session cookies) or afterwards, even after days (persistent cookies). The cookies are stored, based on user preferences, by the individual browser on the specific device that is used (computer, tablet, smartphone).
- Technical cookies for operation: these are cookies that are necessary to permit the website to function properly and are used, for example, to manage login and access to reserved functions of the website, or for the selection between a mobile or desktop view. Deactivating them could cause some website functions to not work properly.
- Analysis and performance cookies: these are cookies we use to collect and analyze website traffic and use in an anonymous manner, which allows us to monitor the system and improve its performance and usability.
- Cookies for integrating third party software functions and products: this type of cookie integrates functionalities developed by third parties in the website pages in order to share the contents of the website or for the use of third party software services. These cookies are sent by third party domains and by partner websites that offer their functionality on the pages of the website.
- Commercial cookies: these are third party cookies that we use to display personalized advertising on other websites. This activity, which is called “retargeting” or “remarketing” is based on browsing activities.
The user can decide whether to accept or decline cookies by using one or more of the following methods:
- Using specific browser configurations or relative IT programs used to browse the pages of the website.
- By changing the settings regarding the use of third party services(e.g. Facebook, Twitter, …).
Both of these solutions may prevent the user from using or viewing parts of the website. The total or partial disablement of technical cookies may jeopardize the use of website functionalities.
For reference, links are provided below to the instructions for different browsers for disabling cookies:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/278835
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/en/cookies.html
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265